Fringe is working on an amazing new animated feature, which is being done here in Los Angeles. It’s a top notch creative crew, and a gorgeous movie!
This will likely be a hybrid position, so we’ll need someone who is in the Los Angeles area, and who currently has right to work in the US. The Pipeline Td is responsible for improving the overall efficiency of the facility-wide production pipeline. They design, implement, and manage tools that assist the artists with their daily use of both third-party and in-house softwares and systems.
- Work with the team to evolve core APIs in use throughout the studio to improve efficiency and extend capabilities.
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Work with specific artists to troubleshoot & streamline their day to day pipeline interactions.
- Work with department representatives to argument their workflow by authoring toolsets toarchieve specific goals of the project.
- Collaborate with other TDs and Artists to help design & create tools to be integrated in ourexisting pipeline.
- 6+ years relevant experience/skillset, Pratical knowledge of Python strongly desired.
- Working experience with one or more professional graphics packages & APIs(Python/C++),like Nuke/Flix/Katana/Mari/Maya…
- Experience crafting GUIs with PyQt and/or PySide.
- Strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production workflows.
- Relevant development experience/skillset with storyboards, concept art teams.
- Experience with IT technologies.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB,ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for end users.
This is a full-time position, based in LA.