Fringe is working with a high profile VFX studio in Los Angeles as they expand the studio to work on several well-known live action tv series. This is a great opportunity to join a solid group of professionals working on great visuals. While this job is based in Los Angeles, and preference would be for local talent, the studio is open to remote work within the US. This is a long term, staff position.
Assistant Technical Director (ATD)Responsibilities:
- Maintain and support pipeline and workflow tools.
- Troubleshooting and optimization of pipeline tools
- Provide direct technical assistance to creative departments: CG, Compositing (Nuke & Flame), FX.
- Assist with technical production task
- Basic understanding of compositing in a production environment
- Work with the Head of Pipeline by providing feedback and suggesting improvements to further in house procedures.
- Good knowledge of scripting Python
- Experience with shell scripting
- Familiarity with: Nuke, Maya, Houdini, Flame
- An understanding of: Deadline, Render errors, Stack traces, nuke 3d, color workflows (ACES, and CDL color out), lens distortion workflows, & metadata uses.
- Knowledge of Shotgrid
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong Communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A broad understanding of the VFX process and pipeline
If this sounds interesting to you, drop us a line with a resume and we’ll get in touch to give you all the details!