Fringe is working with an exciting new CG animation studio in London as they expand their team to begin production on their next feature. We are looking for a couple of seasoned Pipeline TDs to join the team in beautiful London. If you are looking for a new adventure, and would like to work on an amazing project with a top notch team, drop us a resume!
We are looking for a Pipeline Technical Director (Pipeline TD), preferably with experience of CG feature animation or computer games development, to be involved in the development of our feature film front-end pipeline. Based in London, and working with other London-based vendors, we are creating high quality CG films in partnership major studios.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows used on our CG animated feature film. You will be providing face-to-face technical support and assistance to artists, as well as developing new tools and scripts – predominantly in Python – to meet the film’s requirements. As our front-end pipeline is intended to assist generalist look dev and pre-visualization artists to move across multiple packages seamlessly, a wide generalist knowledge will be appreciated.
As well as being able to demonstrate technical skill and initiative, you will need to be an excellent communicator. Your ability to accurately and succinctly communicate between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
- Develop pipeline and application specific tools in collaboration with senior production and department supervisors.
- Provide technical advice and support for artists.
- Evaluate existing tools and processes for faults or inefficiencies.
- Ensure requests for new tools are connected with company strategy.
- Previous experience in Animation, Visual Effects or related industry.
- Solid understanding of the Feature Animation pipeline.
- Excellent Python and Maya skills.
- Experience in developing tools for Maya.
- A methodical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Experience with source control systems and team development.
- Experience with any of the following: Houdini, Clarisse, Unreal Engine, Shotgun Toolkit, USD, C++
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or other, related field.