Fringe is working with a high profile client in Los Angeles who is expanding their compositing team, and is looking for experienced Nuke Compositing Artists to join them in working on a broad range of high end content.
These compositors need to have a thorough and in depth knowledge of compositing foundations from clean up to complex integrations involving live plates and CG elements as well as creative and design-driven compositing. They must have a blend of technical and creative skill on the box as well as a desire and ability to lead and an open approach to sharing knowledge and leading by example. It is also essential that the compositors have a demonstrated a brilliant aesthetic with a wide variety of looks, and an understanding of the creative process.
This is a contract role set to start soon and go the end of the year, with possibility to extend into next spring. The studio is open to working with candidates either in studio or remote, as long as they are based in the US.
• Taking briefs and direction from compositing supervisors and VFX supervisors to execute assigned shots
• Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to a high standard
• Working with directors in order to create their vision
• Meeting schedules and project deadlines
• Ongoing communication with production and supervisors regarding schedules and deadlines
• Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by supervisors
• Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
• An excellent working knowledge of and at least 5 years production experience with nuke or Flame in commercials, tv and/or film projects
• A great reel showing a wide range of shots, comping techniques and a creative eye • Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
• A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
• A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting
• The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
• Proven ability in working with clients in order to create their vision
• An understanding of color space principles
• Photoshop and Linux experience
• Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
• A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
• Programming and coding experience and knowledge
• Experience with Hiero, Shot gun, After effects, Final Cut is an advantage
If you are interested in learning more, please forward a resume and reel and let’s talk!