Fringe is working with a well-known, and high profile studio in Paris, and we’re excited to share some key openings for the studio. This would be working on an animated feature, and we do need candidates to work in house at their beautiful Paris studio. Please only submit a resume if you have solid experience on other theatrically released animated features!
The Character FX supervisor is responsible for supervising his team of artists and ensures compliance with quality standards as well as the production schedule.
Under the direction of the CG Supervisors and in collaboration with the Supervisors of the Character and Animation departments, the CFX Supervisor is also responsible for implementing the best technical approaches to carry out his mission.
- ● Responsible for the feasibility of the CFX and the overall methodology put in place to produce them
- ● Ensures the making of the CFX shots, within the allocated budget and at the level of quality required bythe VFX Supervisor and CG supervisors
- ● Supervises the CFX team and provides aesthetic, technical and methodological guidance
- ● Distributes and assigns shots to the artists, in collaboration with the production manager and accordingto the inventory
- ● Ensures that the requested retakes are properly taken into account and follows up on them
- ● Takes part in the Pipeline development
- ● Addresses technical issues, identifies good practices and necessary approaches
- ● Works closely with production and ensures timely delivery of shotsProfile
Skills and experience required…
- Previous experience as a CFX Lead or Supervisor on animated feature film, animated television series and/or VFX feature film projects
- Excellent Maya expertise
- Strong knowledge of Yeti, nCloth and nHair
- Leadership and excellent communication skills
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of artistic directions
- Fluency in EnglishAdditionnal assets:
• Knowledge of Python