Fringe is working with a well-known VFX shop based in the LA area, looking for experienced CG Generalists to help out on a short term project. We are hoping to find artists based in the LA area, but there is some ability to work remotely with artists in other areas of the US. Unfortunately, we don’t have the ability to work with international artists on this job. This job starts immediately and goes through the end of the year, but there is potential for extension as this is a busy shop and new work is on the horizon!
Generalists are responsible for completing many tasks in 3D: animation, modeling, look dev, etc. This position involves adapting to the needs of a project as it progresses and potentially pivoting between roles for different projects.
- Comfortable completing a diverse array of 3D tasks, including animation, modelling, look dev, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting, and tracking. Familiarity with compositing basics is a plus.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned shots.
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, for example communicating frequently with Nuke Compositors assigned to the same shots.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards.
Traits of a successful CG Generalist:
- Strong technical knowledge of various aspects of CG at an advanced level.
- Thorough understanding of directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies.
- Experience embracing the balance of quality and time constraints.
- Strong creative abilities including understanding of color theory, motion and lighting principles.
- Positive attitude and team motivator
Working Knowledge of several of the following tools:
- Vray, Redshift
- Zbrush, Mudbox
- Substance Painter/Designer, Mari
If you’re interested in hearing more, drop us a line with a resume and link to your reel, and let’s talk!