Fringe is working with an international client working on a high profile action adventure feature with loads of great VFX. This job can be worked from London, LA or Vancouver (must have right to work in each locale currently). The work starts immediately and would go for about 3 to 4 months.
The Previs artist will work with an Oscar winning VFX Supervisor to create several action and magical sequences.
Responsibilities / Tasks / Reporting
- To work closely with existing the VFX Supervisor who will brief and approve all work.
- To collaborate if necessary with other Previs artists in the team.
- Using the storyboard as a base, to create a Previs animation blocking and camera movements of the shot.
- Create Quicktime movies for approval, with After Effects composited additional effect elements if required.
- Ability to work within our existing team.
- Mid, Mid / Senior and/or Senior level candidates will be considered.
- Ability to manage cameras, staging, composition, rhythm and timing.
- Ability to work individually to deliver multiple shots following a brief.
- Examples of previous animation / cinematic camera work within Maya.
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Maya, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- To have previous experience working within Previs / Animation pipelines.
- Ability to adjust existing models or create basic models.
- Knowledge of editing and lighting useful.